The BeeBox Hive system was developed in Finland for profitable beekeeping
The BeeBox hive system is the most modern system design of polystyrene hives by Paradise Honey Ltd. This hive system is the result of 30 years experience from Scandinavian's biggest honey producer.
BeeBox hive system is developed and tested in the demanding weather extremes faced by Finnish beekeeping. Winter days get colder than minus -31°F (-35°C) and summer days are warmer than 90°F (30°C) have provided wide experience in knowing what bees and beekeepers require from a good bee hives.
The body material in BeeBox hive system is specially hardened EPS polystyrene at a density over 6.25 lbs/ft3. (100 Kg/ m3). The boxes are manufactured by casting the material in molds with special automatic machines. All hives materials are permitted to be use in the food industry.molds
BeeBox hive system parts:
The components that make up a polystyrene langstroth hive are as follows (beginning at the top of the hive and going down). All of these components are not required at all times, but they make up the set of components available for use therein.
- One reversible tunnel top, that is used in one position when the hive is stationary and in the flipped over position when the hive is being moved. This design allows for correct ventilation to be maintained during either when the hive is stationary or when the hive is being moved.
- A thin plastic sheet that acts as a inner top when the feeder is not being used. This plastic sheet acts like a inner cover that allows the beekeeper to look into the hive without exposing the hive to the outside weather..
- One hive top feeder with 10.5 quart (10 l) capacity with polycarbonate cover for observation of feeding bees.
- Each hive needs as many deep brood boxes or medium honey supers as the beekeeper desires. Each box needs 8, 9 or 10 frames as the beekeepers desires. There is a frame spacer to keep the frames at the correct separation depending on how many frames are used..
- A queen A quA queen een exclude is needed at times to control the queen. is needed at times to control the queen. is needed at times to control the queen.A quA queen een exclude is needed at times to control the queen. is needed at times to control the queen.
- A queen trap system is needed at times to control the queen and keep the hive from swarming.
- Ventilated hive bottom with aluminum mesh and an optional test board for monitoring for varroa mites. A entrance reducer is also required with the hive bottom.